What makes myCare different to every other provider?
We have a very clear mission statement and client charter which all employees sign up to...
When a new employee joins the myCare team the mandatory company induction must be completed, the first session covers our mission statement and client charter.
Our mission statement
“myCare aims to set the standard in the care sector by delivering exceptional quality care with a team who have a real passion for delivering client-focused care with dignity and respect, which is valued by our clients and admired by all stakeholders.”
Our client charter
- We will be available to you 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- We will regularly check and monitor the service you are receiving to ensure that we are working to the highest possible standards.
- We will continually aim to exceed the high standards of care practice set by the Care Inspectorate and the Scottish Social Services Council.
- We will ensure that you are able to make real choices and have control over your person-centred care plan and outcomes.
- We will respect and take seriously your views and opinions about the services you require.
- We will ensure that our care and support workers and office staff are courteous, professional and respectful to your needs at all times.
- We regularly monitor the performance of our care and support workers and office staff by carrying out telephone surveys, client satisfaction questionnaires and random assessments.
- We deal with any issues or concerns raised quickly, sympathetically and professionally, with the least disruption to you.
Each new employee receives a staff handbook which details the above.
We listen to our clients
Every year, myCare surveys its clients, their families, their advocates, their network of social workers and care managers and our staff to give us feedback on how effective and satisfying they believe our services to be. We use several different methods of gathering feedback on our services. This all feeds into the continual improvement of the company.
Our annual surveys shape the services that we provide, and we are grateful to our clients and their families for their continued participation in them.
We share this information
The data gathered is analysed, reported on and shared with all who have contact with our services. We say what we do well, but of equal importance, where we can improve and develop our services.
We’re independently assessed
The Care Inspectorate is the independent regulator of social care in Scotland. Every year it assesses myCare Services against rigorous industry standards. In 2016 myCare Grampian and myCare Tayside were both graded as 5 (Very Good) across all its homecare services, staff, and procedures.
You can find both most recent Care Inspectorate reports here.
As an additional quality standard, we have ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditation. This means that as an organisation we must meet set standards for a quality management system to demonstrate our ability to consistently provide services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. We have a twice yearly external audit to retain our accreditation.
What our clients say
“Having Brigita, Mums carer, is a Godsend! It really has “saved” Mum and us. Mum really seems to have taken to her and is very settled with her. They get on very well and Mum is chatting about lots of different things they discuss and starting to take an interest again. Mum is eating better and getting more sleep. We are not having to sleeping over and are all getting to “breathe” again. Words cannot express how all our lives have changed with the fantastic help and support Mum has been given to be able to continue to live in her own home and be as independent as possible”.
Note from Nick (Managing Director): Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback on our service. For me it’s seeing letters like this that gets me up in morning, knowing such a positive impact is being had on someones life. Thank you and we will make sure this lovely message gets back to Brigita.
“I just wish to express my sincere thanks to myCare and the team for everything you did for Mum. She looked forward to her carers visiting each day and special thanks must go to her regular carers who looked after her with so much respect, dignity, and tenderness and made her final days so peaceful. “
Get in touch, we’re here to help
Our team can offer advice, information and discuss what support
myCare can offer tailored to your needs, in your area.
Looking for the right job?
We understand how important it is for you to make the right choice.
Request a callback
Finding the right person to look after your loved one is our priority. Get in touch for an informal chat.
Plan a visit
Arrange a convenient time to discuss in person the best care and support for your needs.