At myCare, we are in the industry of caring. And we deeply care about the health of our clients, care workers, team, and office staff. That’s why we continue to implement a range of practices to combat Covid-19 and slow the spread.
The pandemic continues to be a source of great worry, stress, and loss for people across the UK, including everyone from our elderly neighbours to our children. We reassure you that we are taking measures to ensure the safety of all.
We will continue to minimise the risk of transmission and illness through best- practices and protocols. This includes how we interact with each other as well as with our clients. From the time we enter our client’s home until the time we leave, we are doing everything we can to keep you, your loved ones, and our team safe.
Our Covid-Safe Measures
- Utilising personal protective equipment (PPE) where applicable, including disposable gloves, aprons, and masks.
- Carefully washing and sanitising hands when entering and leaving client homes.
- Using hygiene measures including covering mouth and nose when sneezing of coughing and disposing appropriately.
- Abiding by social distancing guidelines.
- Complying with all government protocols.
- Self-isolation will be completed if staff show any symptoms.
- Regular reviewing of all protocols to ensure best practice.
- Staff are avoiding unnecessary travel.
- Using PPE to safely provide care for clients with symptoms or a Covid-19 diagnosis.
Disclaimer: We follow and implement the latest guidelines advised by the Scottish Government. Please be guided.
Key Symptoms of Covid-19
The Covid-19 virus has a range of symptoms, including:
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
If you have any of these symptoms, you should immediately get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result.
In addition, a percentage of Covid-19 positive patients are ‘asymptomatic’ meaning they do not show symptoms, but they may still be infectious. This is why self-isolation is important after exposure to the virus.
How to Minimise the Risk of Covid-19
There are a number of practices that you can implement to slow the spread of Covid-19, including:
- Abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Maintain good hygiene when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
- Get tested if you experience any symptoms.
- Avoid contact with high-risk friends or family members.
- If you can, get vaccinated.
The entire team at myCare are dedicated to keeping our clients safe. We continue to operate to provide essential care for our valued clients and are implementing a number of measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
If you have any concerns about your loved one and Covid-19, please contact us today.